Europa-List: UK Civil Law and unnamed private firm

Subject: Europa-List: UK Civil Law and unnamed private firm
From: irampil@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 18:18:18
 08/24/2004 06:18:32 PM,
        Serialize complete at 08/24/2004 06:18:32 PM

Greetings All,

It came into my silly mind today to wonder what might be
the civil or criminal penalties for chronic corporate tax evasion?
Do you still have Dickensian debtor's prisons?
Any barristers out there?  Might the answer make us feel better?

Ira N224xs
10.5 hr on the new tach

Squashing punch list this week at Zephyrhills down from 30 major items to
3!
hope to be back in the air tommorrow after setting proper prop limits on
airmaster, and recrimping intermittant bnc for my GPS.

A few words of advice follows my little shop accidents today:
1) never leave anything loose near engine intake.. A #8 machine screw and
fender washer were
inadvertantly left on airbox after removing filter for some reason.  I was
very lucky -
the washer bottomed out on floor of airbox tube leading to carb adapter.
The screw was
inside throtle plate!  If it had migrated into manifold I think the
rebuild would have
been expensive. OK, you have all heard that one before, but the next is
not one
that had been pointed out to me before.
I was testing wiring in wing to explain Nav light breaker popping 3-4
seconds
after turning on lights. never mind why, it's fixed.  However when I
removed
outer retaining screws on the Whelan 650 fixture, being relatively
careful, the
strobe lens just about popped out of the base and shattered on the floor.
Witnesses
say it happens all the time to the unwary.  I had to buy a new one at
AeroMech
at Lakeland for $33 and the little shot glass did not even come with some
vodka or tequila!