RE: Europa-List: expansion tank

Subject: RE: Europa-List: expansion tank
From: Carpenter Matt <mcarpenter@concordefs.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 13:05:17

My overflow box is a little less then half empty.  We found that if its any
more then 1/2 full then
it will full the box all the way up, and start to leak out.

After the engine cools, the "extra" fluid in the box returns to the engine.
When the engine is hot it fill the box a little past the 3/4 mark.

One thing I found out is that the overflow box had not has the MOD done to
the top.. so the first time
it became to full, it would blow the tube off the radiator cap (under the
cap actually).  Allowing
fluid to spray everywhere, and allowing the heads to go over the 275F temp.
We reduced the amount of
fluid in the box and that took care of the problem.

Matt Carpenter