Re: Europa-List: expansion tank

Subject: Re: Europa-List: expansion tank
From: Kingsley Hurst <hurstkr@growzone.com.au>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 23:15:47

Erratum

Patrick and all,

Had just turned in and put my head on the pillow when I realised I told an
untruth a couple of hours ago.

I said in my last posting . . . 'I would point out that this system works
well when the main seal of the
radiator cap is in good condition.  If the main seal is perished or cracked
. . . . . . .'

At this point, "main seal" should have been referred to as "the fixed seal
immediately under the cap" because if this seal leaks, air bypasses the
overflow bottle through this cracked or otherwise faulty seal to get into
the cooling system through the same valve as the water should return
through.

Notwithstanding this, the main seal does also have to be in good condition
too of course to maintain the required pressure in the system.

Apologies if this caused/causes any confusion. . . . . Arrrh, I'm going back
to bed !

Kingsley