Re: Europa-List: Battery Compartment in Rear

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Battery Compartment in Rear
From: Davidghillam@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 13:00:38

In a message dated 8/27/04 10:28:42 AM GMT Daylight Time,
rholder@avnet.co.uk writes:

For the  purpose of calculation I have said the battery weighs 12 pounds and
moving  it forward to the firewall is a distance of 7 feet. I suspect that
these  are low and high respectively - which would make my numbers  still
reasonable.

Did you take into account the weight of the extra cable required when
battery is in rear?  This would also reduce the amount of payload  available.
If
you do need to shift the C of G back, adding an equivalent  weight (or less?) at

the tail could have the desired effect because of the long  moment arm.
Short battery leads would seem to be an advantage.

David
G-SHSH