RE: Europa-List: Additional mechanical drive for the vacuum pump

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Additional mechanical drive for the vacuum pump
From: Rob Housman <RobH@hyperionef.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 08:18:32

Murphy's Law: If anything can go wrong, it will.

Corollary: At the most inopportune time.

Probably the best example of how Murphy's Law works is aircraft vacuum
pumps.  These evil devices are guaranteed to fail, and they will fail at an
almost impossible to anticipate moment.  Why install one at all when there
are much more reliable electric alternatives, especially when at least one
of these alternatives is actually less expensive than the cost of a vacuum
pump (not counting the cost of numerous replacements) and the associated
vacuum operated steam gauges?  Hint: http://www.dynondevelopment.com/

Best regards,

Rob Housman
Europa XS Tri-Gear A070