Europa-List: Re:Paint opinion

Subject: Europa-List: Re:Paint opinion
From: Troy Maynor <wingnut54@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 08:54:28

Europa-List message posted by: "Dave Anderson" <dja767@charter.net>

<<<PPG K36 acrylic primer - wet sanded to a very smooth finish
PPG DP40 epoxy primer sealer - gray green for darker color UV protection
(not intended
to sand, but able to fix runs, etc.
PPG Concept base white acrylic urethane top coat (2 coats) - white to be as
cool
as possible for the composite structure.>>>>

Dave,
Is the K36 intended to take the place of the sandable filler/primer UV
Smooth-prime made by Polyfiber. Just mainly wondering why you had to use two
primers and assume the Polyfiber product was not used. I already have
applied Smooth-prime to most of my surfaces and plan to sand it with about
180 gt then let the body shop use the recommended primer for the paint
used.(leaning towards the PPG stuff at present.) What grit paper did you use
on the K36?

Troy Maynor
N120EU Monowheel Classic
Left to finish:
Paint,interior,engine install, wiring.

I've stopped 595 spam messages. You can too!
One month FREE spam protection at http://www.cloudmark.com/spamnetsigs/