Europa-List: Removing Paint from Engine Mount?????

Subject: Europa-List: Removing Paint from Engine Mount?????
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 09:35:51

Gidday,
I am looking for advice on the removal of the white paint from the engine
mount. The one that I have is second hand, and a portion of it needs
welding attention. So, the question is "is sand blasting acceptable, or in
fact the best treatment, or is there a type of acid bath that will remove
the paint without hurting the metal" ???

Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Australia

Classic 236  B.B. Taildragger
Tail, Wings, Ailerons, Flaps Complete and Connected
Lower Fuse in Jig, Tail Torque Tube installed
Mass Balance assembly installed and deflections sorted
Roof Panel between doors completed.
Photos at:
http://forum.okhuijsen.org/modules.php?set_albumName=TonyR&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php&PHPSESSID=902b69917a45f8b18ac84fe3f85a704b
Intended Engine: 912S CS prop (model undecided)
Instrumentation: Undecided