Europa-List: Fitting the doors

Subject: Europa-List: Fitting the doors
From: simon miles <simon.miles@tiscali.be>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 08:09:47

I've started trying to fit the doors to my Tri-gear and am having a few
problems.

Firstly, the guides for the shoot-bolts in the doors interfere (very
slightly) with the door frame - I have checked the guides and they are as
flush as they can be to the doors so there appears to be no possibility of
installing the partner guides in the door frame without some surgery. Is
this normal?

Secondly, I am finding it difficult to get the doors to sit in position
without them springing-out proud of the door recess mid-way between the top
and bottom. I can't see where I should be trimming the doors to avoid this.
Advice would be appreciated.

Thirdly, if there is any other problem to look forward to with door
installation I'd be pleased to be forewarned!

Simon Miles,
Builder #508,
Top on, wheels on, 912S in, Airmaster Prop fitted.
Searching for a big enough shop to fit the wings...