Europa-List: Fuel Filters

Subject: Europa-List: Fuel Filters
From: Graham Singleton <graham@gflight.f9.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 17:58:13

>Dave,
>I used Mr. Funnel which filters out crud as well as water.  ACS stocks
>them.  Regarding
>OSH parking Europa is still providing a parking area (I understand that
>this was pre-paid) and that camping is adjacent.  I have spoken to others that
>have camped and they state they have never had a problem with availability
>even after a late arrival. Hope to see ya there.
>
>Erich Trombley

Eric
I use Mr Funnel too but you need to remember that it has a 120mu mesh
filter. The Andair gascolators have 70 micron, Rotax specify 100mu. It is
possible to block an Andair with rust particles that just got through a Mr
Funnel. The tiny crystals are small enough to wedge themselves into the
Andair mesh.
Graham