Europa-List: fuel filters

Subject: Europa-List: fuel filters
From: Graham Singleton <graham@gflight.f9.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 00:07:21

>It is
>possible to block an Andair with rust particles that just got through a Mr
>Funnel. The tiny crystals are small enough to wedge themselves into the
>Andair mesh.<
>
>It might be an idea to see if we can retrofit a Mr Funnel with a 70 micron
>filter. Provided that it has a large enough surface area it shouldn't impede
>the fuel filling too much. Perhaps we can get Andair to look into it? What
>do you think Graham?
>
>Nigel

Nigel
Andair told me they had tried to buy 100 mesh screen but couldn't . 70 was
the nearest to the Rotax spec. They might make up a replacement filter for
our Mr Funnel. If you see Andy or Owen before I do a respectful request
might work?
Andy's attitude when I described this incident was, " well! he shouldn't
have used a rusty Jerry can!" I didn't like that answer really. Folks do
what they think is right at the time. I assumed that because the mesh looks
the same it was the same. Wrong, but an easy mistake, they both block water.
Graham