Re: Europa-List: Fuel Filters

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel Filters
From: nigel charles <nigelcharles@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:57:20

>I use Mr Funnel too but you need to remember that it has a 120mu mesh
filter. The Andair gascolators have 70 micron, Rotax specify 100mu. It is
possible to block an Andair with rust particles that just got through a Mr
Funnel. The tiny crystals are small enough to wedge themselves into the
Andair mesh.<

It might be an idea to see if we can retrofit a Mr Funnel with a 70 micron
filter. Provided that it has a large enough surface area it shouldn't impede
the fuel filling too much. Perhaps we can get Andair to look into it? What
do you think Graham?

Nigel