Re: Europa-List: europa handling with subaru

Subject: Re: Europa-List: europa handling with subaru
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 07:03:44

Hi! Tom
Just picked this thread up from the forum.
I have a 3300 Jab.
Had major challenges with the cooling but have it mostly sorted out now. I
have a three blade MT Constant Speed Propeller which is excellent except I
can't take it in excess of 3000RPM.
However due to Polar Moment of Inertia arbitary figures imposed by the
Jabiru Factory I had to make a modification to the crank shaft end and have
special shank bolts made since the Germans wouldn't be associated with the
Jabiru Flange. I believe Jabiru have now re-arranged their fixing bolts to
go half way to my modification. But they would be most reluctant to admit it
!
To see my fixings and various cooling arrangements visit
http://crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk/europa.htm  and click on "Bob Harrisons
Europa G-PTAG"
It's by the way that I have just had to re-ring the pistons, have all the
valves refaced at 458 hours. I would say due to running with oil too cold,
too high manifold pressures !  Ask me off circuit the reasons IMHO !
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG