Re: Europa-List: Feedback problem with the radio

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Feedback problem with the radio
From: Leo J. Corbalis <leocorbalis@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 08:52:34

If you don't have feedback on the intercom function, you have an RF feedback
problem. The shielded battery box says that 's what Lightspeed thinks too.
Transistors are a bunch of diodes that just love to rectify your RF. Since
you have a Europa, moving the antenna is not very attractive as suggestions
go. Try placing some .01 capacitors around the system to short out the RF.
If possible, in the battery box between the audio wires and the ground wire
and between + and - on the box terminals. Another good spot is on the
headset socket, do both if possible. As a test you could wrap a long strip
of aluminum foil around the headset wires and ground it to the earphone
socket with a short wire with alligator clips.
Hope this helps. RF shielding is really a black art.

Leo Corbalis

now