Europa-List: Feedback problem with the radio

Subject: Europa-List: Feedback problem with the radio
From: Paul McAllister <paul.mcallister@qia.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 23:20:08

Hi All,

I have an odd problem with my GX60 when trying to transmit.  I found it would
start
oscillating,  it would start with an echo and then break into full audio
feedback, similar to as what a PA system does when the microphone is too close
to the speaker.  I fooled with the problem for the longest time and I finally
narrowed it down to my LightSpeed headsets.  I called LightSpeed and sure enough
they knew about the problem. They invited me to send the headsets back and
they would fit a new shielded battery box.  They came back and they "sorta"
worked,
but unfortunately they would still do it.

A this point I resigned myself to using my Telex 3500's.  These always seemed to
work, but today they started to exhibit the same problem... now I am in a bit
of a quandary on how to trouble shoot this problem.  I do not have an audio
panel at this time, I am using the internal intercom in the GX60.

Does anyone have any ideas where to head with this.

Paul