RE: Europa-List: Cooling

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Cooling
From: Robert Berube <bberube@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 21:01:21

Cliff,
I think Jim is referring to tri-gears that go thru our shop.  We do not use
the firewall sheet metal as shown in the drawings.  We put a bulkhead just
aft of the gear cut out.  This allows more cooling air to pass thru the
cowling.  Most engines, even the 914 tend to run much cooler we have found.
The monowheel suffers with the small opening apparently caused by the
swinging arm stuffing the exiting air from the cowling.

Bob Berube N166BB