Re: Europa-List: Alternative Trigear Bungee Fitment

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Alternative Trigear Bungee Fitment
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 11:07:43

Just a short suggestion yoiu may want to try. I added a cover to the top
rail over which the bungees loop. It is a styrene (I think) plastic shower
curtain rail cover sold by a large (SEARS) department store locally. It is
split lengthwise and 'curls' on nicely and so prevents future rubbing or
chafing of the paint surface. I have also covered the mod52 AUW increase mod
rod and several others which might suffer similarly. The cover also serves
to reduce any local friction in the bungee procedure.
Cheers, Ferg A064