RE: Europa-List: Alternative Trigear Bungee Fitment

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Alternative Trigear Bungee Fitment
From: RICHARD IDDON <riddon@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 23:28:49

Gerry,

The article by Kevin Pilcher is in the latest Europa flyer.  I copied
the article from the forum archive and will send you a copy directly.

NOTE!! Anyone trying this system should be aware that the measurements
for the bungee are incorrect.  The correct length is around 25 inches.
I did contact Kevin about this and he confirmed the error for which he
sends his apologies. I suggest you cut one about 26 inches initially and
try it for size. You can shorten it fairly easily by slackening the rope
clamp and pulling a little more bungee through until you get it tight
enough.

I found that his system of pulling the loops into place with a hook
worked OK for the first couple of loops but I copied an idea given to me
by Rick Morris to stretch the remainder into place. Fasten a bracket to
the floor under the fuselage and use ratchet tie down straps to get
enough tension.  Works a treat once you have got it set up.

Regards.

Richard Iddon G-RIXS