Re: Europa-List: flash generator units

Subject: Re: Europa-List: flash generator units
From: n3eu@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 14:17:04

EuropaXSA276@aol.com wrote:
> Because Fred I tend to question everything a sales rep says to
> me...  Perhaps it is because I am a sales Rep for a parts company.
> :) And yes I know that they are not part 23. Thought that was a
> given.  Do you have any personal experiences with these units
> that you would like to share?

Only experience is with Whelen's.  A pair of wingtip units has been working
for me 23 years now w/o any need for service.  Aeroflash quartz beacons can
be troublesome, but their strobes as orig equipment on pre-1977 aircraft
seem pretty rugged, per at least an email list of owners of one of those
types.

Regards,
Fred F.