Re: Europa-List: Ceiling Panel Compasses

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Ceiling Panel Compasses
From: Nigel Graham <nigelgraham@btclick.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 12:13:41

Is it really wise to position the compass so close to all that metalwork
and frantic electrical activity?
The reason for placing it high has more to do with minimising the
magnetic disturbance than ease of viewing.
It might be a good idea to hold the compass over the instrument panel
and power up all the eclectics and to verify any deviation - before
mounting it permanently.

Just a thought

Nigel