Re: Europa-List: HVLP Turbine Sprayer

Subject: Re: Europa-List: HVLP Turbine Sprayer
From: Mike Baker <galahav@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 19:59:37

Viscosity is the key when using HLVP.
Most adverts talk about lacquer not urethane.
low pressure spatters the paint on in globs.
thinning to a point of watery consistency may be the
only way to get it to work.
you aren't the first person to complain.
try calling Sherwin Williams in Wichita for advice.
Saw a beautiful paint job on an RV that was perfectly
orange pealed. thought he ought to leave it that way
just for something different. the french did talk
about a plastic film to go on the airbus wings that
would increase efficiency. you may be on to something.