Europa-List: HVLP Turbine Sprayer

Subject: Europa-List: HVLP Turbine Sprayer
From: KARL HEINDL <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 17:54:10

Dave,

I think your first problem was rushing into the job without practicing on some
other material.
I used an Apollo sprayer with reasonable success, but then I did have some prior
experience with spraying of furniture lacquers. I believe that an experienced
painter can do an excellent finish with almost any equipment and paint, but
amateurs like you and me do it by trial and error.

If you had orange peel then you didn't thin the paint correctly, and the same
can
happen with any system. Fine atomization of the paint is absolutely essential,
a very fine mist is what you should aim at, with a needle size of about 1mm.
The warm air from the turbine is not a problem, but it causes the paint to
dry more rapidly. If that is not desirable then you simply use a different
thinner
(retardent) which increases drying time. The supplier of your paint would
be able to advise you.

Karl
Half price modem, FREE connection and one month FREE -  click here to sign up to
BT Broadband.