Re: Europa-List: Pitch trim damper

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Pitch trim damper
From: Rocketman <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 19:57:33

John & Amy Eckel wrote:

>Hello,
>I am setting up my pitch trim damper and noticed quite a bit
>of hysterisis (sp?) in the movement of the trim damper.  When
>reversing direction with the trim motor the brackets twist a bit
>before there is movement.  This means that when flying and
>changing trim direction nothing will happen for a second or two.
>This could be a nuisance when trying to accurately set the trim.
>Has anyone else noticed this problem and what was your solution?
>For the folks that are flying; is this a problem?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>John, A230
>Cockpit module installed

John,

I finally got my trim system fully installed and tested, today.  I did
note that the system was a bit slow, however the bellcrank/bulkhead
assembly moved/torqued only slightly.  My guess is that this will
stiffen up when the upper half of the fuselage is installed.  The demo
ride I took showed no symptoms of slow trimming.

Jeff
N55XS