Re: Europa-List: Wing assembly question

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Wing assembly question
From: Rocketman <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 19:51:47

Robert Berube wrote:

>Jeff,
>Do not assume that you even have holes in the spar for the bellcrank.
>Early XS spars did not have the holes drilled.  You should be able to
>See the hole if there is one by putting a light on the opposite side.
>Regards,
>Bob Berube N166BB Conventional (Flying)

Bob,

That's what I came to believe.  I tried the lights, the pilot drilling,
etc.  Finally decided to give it a try and drilled the hole.  Mounted
the bellcrank and everything worked out fine.  This particular spar had
been finished out be the previous owner.  Did find that the pushrod was
too close to the spar, at the aileron end and fashioned full length,
.063" spacers to take the bellcrank off the spar, just a bit.  Worked
like a charm.  I'll check the port wing for the holes, before finishing
it out.  Thanks for the comments, everyone...

Jeff
N55XS - Tri Gear