Re: Europa-List: Wing assembly question

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Wing assembly question
From: DuaneFamly@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 12:46:07

Jeff,

I did a quick measurement of my starboard wing bellcrank placement. The
center of the bolt on mine measures approx. 2.5" from the wing rib and 2.3" from

the top of the spar. I also had a pilot hole in my wing. Have you done the
layups from the wing rib to the spar? If so you may have covered the hole. Or
have

you removed the peel ply that the factory lays up onto the wing rib? That is a

big problem for some people that have missed that step or thought that there
wasn't any put on because it was not obvious with red strips and all. If all
these are OK then you might try running a flashlight from one side of the spar

while you look for the hole on the other side.

Mike Duane A207
Redding, California
XS Conventional Gear
CM & rudder pedals with cables installed. Tailwheel complete. Wing pins and
tie bar installed. Working on baggage bay. Conventional gear assembled and soon

to be fitted.
But Sun-N-Fun comes soon!