Re: Europa-List: Pitch trim damper

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Pitch trim damper
From: DuaneFamly@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 22:19:07

Hi John,

I was just out in the shop and ran the trim motor using the battery from my
Makita drill and it seemed to move smoothly in both directions without
hesitation. You might want to check to make sure that the two nuts (one locking
and
the other an aircraft nut) on either side of the bellcrank arm are tight. That

might cause some bending, but other than that, if everything else is snug, I
can't seem to figure what could be causing the twisting.

Mike Duane A207
Redding, California
XS Conventional Gear
CM & rudder pedals with cables installed. Tailwheel complete. Wing pins and
tie bar installed. Working on baggage bay. Conventional gear assembled and soon

to be fitted.
But Sun-N-Fun comes soon!