RE: Europa-List: Another question

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Another question
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 21:48:01

Jeff:

I had the same issue with the stuff.  Since it is real expensive I hate to
throw the stuff out and spend about $130 to buy a new batch.  I wound out
making a sample lap joint coupon and pulled it on an instron tensile test
machine. The fiberglass broke before the joint came apart.  So if you want
to see if  it still has its strength make a lap joint about 1" wide  and
layer up some fiberglass in the thickness you are planning on bonding. Do a
tensile test.  If the fiberglass breaks before the joint, you have good
stuff.

Steve Hagar
A143 Mesa, AZ

Steve Hagar