Europa-List: Cockpit module installation

Subject: Europa-List: Cockpit module installation
From: John & Amy Eckel <eckel1@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 07:12:22

Hello,
I finally got my cockpit module installed yesterday with the
help of fellow Europa builders SteveD and Ron Parigoris and
other friends.
We used about 600 grams of redux ( weight before hardener).
We used about 120 No. 8 X 1/2 self tapping screws to pull everything
tight plus a few No. 8 screws and nuts with fender washers to pull
together areas where the self tapping screw wouldn't work.
We also put a bright light under the canoe to check for voids.  It is like
having X-ray vision, the epoxy pattern and voids are easily seen.
The job took about 3.5 hours.
Questions about this step come up now and then so I thought this
would help those not there yet with planning.
Good building!!
John A230