Re: Europa-List: 914 Staring tips

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 914 Staring tips
From: nigel charles <nigelcharles@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 19:19:05

>...ben reading the mail and collecting all this starting lark -
'specially the carb 'crud' and determined Iw ill clean carbs as a recurring
task. In regard to the amount of mogas used, what is the concensus as to a
decent interval for such toil?<

I would suggest it is very dependant on the quality of the mogas. I have
done about 110hrs of which about 100hrs has been on UK mogas.  I have yet to
find any contamination at all in the carbs. I do use a Mr Funnel and an
Andair gascolator but I think that the purity of the mogas must be pretty
good as there is no contamination in the gascolator either. In the early
days it is good to check the gascolator and carbs regularly. I would suggest
at 25hrs, 50hrs and 100hrs. If no significant amount of contamination is
found then every 100hrs should be adequate.

Nigel Charles