RE: Europa-List: 914 Staring tips

Subject: RE: Europa-List: 914 Staring tips
From: Europa Aircraft <europa@gate.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 12:56:36

Fergus,

How much you fly has a lot to do with it.  If the airplane is flown weekly,
then likely the carbs will stay clean, however, the "crud" happens with
mogas when they sit for a month or two without running.  Our demonstrators,
built in 2000, never had dirty carbs because they are constantly flown.

Please don't use that as an excuse to use 100LL all the time though.  100LL
has a whole other set of evils that are worse if used more than 30% of the
time.

So - if it sits a lot, and is becoming hard to start, then the logical thing
to do would be to clean the carbs at that point.

Happy Building!!

John