Europa-List: Tufnol

Subject: Europa-List: Tufnol
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 17:03:25

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don Pettey" <don-glasstile@cox.net>
 Hello All:| I recentley had an intresting expereince with cutting the
Tufnol
 bearing material for the cockpit flight controls.| I cut the corners off of
the tufnol with a power cut-off saw. The | sawdust was like a fine mist, it
filled my shop. I also smoke cigars. | If the tufnol heats above 600 degrees
F, it gives off teflon vapor.| Muy bad. You get the 'polymer flume flu'. 48
hrs. of chils and fever
 followed by days of your bodies efforts to expell the posion. Every | organ
participates in some vile fashion or other.  Save yourselves, cut
 that stuff with a hand saw and don't smoke around the dust.
 Don Pettey A-188

Don,
            Thanks for sharing the caution! I remember now that there were
cautions of that nature many years ago and I had forgotten them.........
Much obliged.
Ferg
Europa A064 mono 914