Europa-List: EFIS Lite Update

Subject: Europa-List: EFIS Lite Update
From: ScramIt@aol.com
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 16:53:07

Just an update on my install of the EFIS lite in a mono wheel panel.
If the lite is used as a backup instrument it squeeses into the right hand
panel. I've seen pictures of this install on the web. I wanted to install the
lite in the primary panel with a remote screen. You need  the remote screen
because the lite needs 11" panel depth to install. When I bought the lite it was

to come with a 28" cable.... Well, it came with the now "max" lenght of 14".
Should have sent it back, but I didn't   (It was to cool). Now that I got to the

point of putting the thing some place I found If you install the lite in the
panel with the remote screen you get penilized for twice the space. 4 x 4 x 11

box in right hand panel, and you can't mount anything there because 4 x4 x11
box is behind it. Also it makes the aux panel look bad, this big blank space
with everything squished under it.   Then in the main panel the screen takes
another 4 x4 bite.
So I mounted it on the top of the port foot well. I can now mount it on
vibration dampping shock mounts, level and square. I will build a SS .016 box
around it, 5 1/2" tall and will cover it with ceramic 2000 fire blanket. (it's

mocked up in cardboard right now) Cowl still fits fine. One small hole inside
this

extended firewall passes all cables. A small slot, on the top of the
footwell, will keep air moving.

As Always Pictures will soon follow,
SteveD