Europa-List: Tufnol

Subject: Europa-List: Tufnol
From: Don Pettey <donglasstile@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 13:01:55

Hello All:
I recentley had an intresting expereince with cutting the Tufnol
bearing material for the cockpit flight controls.
I cut the corners off of the tufnol with a power cut-off saw. The
sawdust was like a fine mist, it filled my shop. I also smoke cigars.
If the tufnol heats above 600 degrees F, it gives off teflon vapor.
Muy bad. You get the 'polymer flume flu'. 48 hrs. of chils and fever
followed by days of your bodies efforts to expell the posion. Every
organ participates in some vile fashion or other.  Save yourselves, cut
that stuff with a hand saw and don't smoke around the dust.

Don Pettey A-188