Re: Europa-List: Fuel system info please

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel system info please
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 10:28:17

Ron, I am running (now nearly 200hrs) with a PFA approved fuel system with a
single Andair minigascolator after the selector valve then 'T' ing to the
two pumps in parallel, then to engine. The Gascolator is mounted on one of
the baggage bay vertical support panels and has a small access panel below
it with quick release to allow access to the drain tap fitted in the
Gascolator bowl, which allows easy check for water, and to drop the bowl for
screen cleaning.It has worked without a hiccup. For the first few hours
there was a reasonable amount of gunge on the screen but this settled within
10 hrs, and since then it would not really have mattered to have left the
screen unchecked/unwashed for 50 hrs or more, (but I do filter my petrol on
its way into the tank). I also have a lo fuel pressure warning switch
(operating a light in front of my nose) between pumps and engine. This has
only ever come on when the main tank is running dry and it gives sufficient
warning to change over before things go quiet.  David Joyce, Mono XS 914,
G-XSDJ