Re: Europa-List: Fuel system info please

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel system info please
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 10:43:48

Ferg, I have an Andair gascolator with drain plug above an access flap under
the baggage bay. For a mono this is as low as you can get. and it is plumbed
between the selector valve and the pumps.
       My purpose in mailing is to say that I have never in +/- 200 hrs seen
the least suspicion of water, and you might think that the UK is the ideal
water producing climate. Whether this is due to plastic fuel tanks not
encouraging condensation or due to the alcohol in Mogas (which I use most of
the time) dissolving it I don't know, but it does suggest that you might be
wasting money and weight putting in multiple drain points.   Regards, David
914 mono XS