Europa-List: Wing Spar Pins

Subject: Europa-List: Wing Spar Pins
From: DuaneFamly@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 19:25:26

Good day All,

Question - for those that are flying or are past the wing angle of incidence
setup stage.... the two wing spar pins that hold the wings together to the
CM......one is a nice smooth PIP pin while the other is a threaded bolt with an

Allen wrench welded to it. Have people changed this threaded bolt to the PIP
pin, or some other more suitable pin? I have set the wings in place twice now
and while the PIP pin is still a little snug to get in, I can do it. While the

other side snags on the threaded portion until my wife joggles the wings in
order for it to get into place. Am I not seeing some use for the threaded bolt

that comes later on?

Mike Duane A207
Redding, California
XS Conventional Gear
CM & rudder pedals with cables installed. Working on tailwheel and baggage
bay. Trial fit of top and both wings. The wings fit (sorta)! Conventional gear

soon.