Re: Europa-List: Tailwheel tire

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tailwheel tire
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 11:29:19

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Klinefelter" <kevann@gte.net>

| Is anyone using a full swiveling tailwheel? So you can push the plane
| backwards?
|
| Kevin

Kevin,
            Nothing personal, but I would shy away from a full-swivelling
tailwheel myself. I've had T-6 (Harvard) and Stearman time, as well as some
small swivellers and the method of unlocking any steerable capability is
beyond me. The stance of the mono is such that full, complete and energetic
control of the tailwheel is paramount in keeping our mutual child from
drilling itself into loose soil..............
Regards, Ferg