Europa-List: Seatbelts

Subject: Europa-List: Seatbelts
From: Erich Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 18:59:48

I have received a number of inquiries on my posting yesterday on the AMSAFE
inertial
reel 4-point harness/seat-belt I have installed on my Europa.  Rather than
reply to each of separately I thought I would just send out another post to
the group.

First, I purchased the seat-belts at Sun-N-Fun several years ago and don't
honestly
remember what I paid.  I think it was around $150 each  ($300 pilot and
passenger).
I will need to look up the part number on get back to you all with
that info.  After looking at the web site yesterday I realized that the
seat-belt
is actually their 5-point harness without the crotch strap.  This could be
ordered as a separate item. However, where would you mount the strap?  There
is one inertial reel per harness which attaches to the same location as the
Europa
harness on the head-rest. The vertical shoulder belts "Y" into a single
webbing just behind the neck that then goes into the inertal reel. The lap belts
also mounts in the same location as before.  No major mods required, just
basically
bolt in place.

I will look up the part number tonight and post it tomorrow.

Regards,

Erich Trombley
N28ET