Europa-List: Bending tubing

Subject: Europa-List: Bending tubing
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 11:38:29

Cheers,
            I have gone for alu tubing for fuel rather than rubber for a
number of reasons - one of which was that I am not younger in five years and
replacing is a non-item.
            I wanted to bend other sizes than 3/8" and fell upon a
plier-type tool for not much that did 1/4,3/8 and 5/16. However it wouldn't
produce the bend much less than 2" radius. So I found bits and pieces at the
local hardware chain (farm stuff too) which served to replace the commercial
tool at less than half the price - and got a 1-1/2" diam reverse bend in the
bargain.
            Details at your ever-useful:
http://www.crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk/Techniques/bender.htm
   -courtesy of John Cliff...............
Ferg
A064 914 mono
wings and tail attached and in the spare room with 4" to spare.......
now I can mod52 and controls-adjust at last