Re: Europa-List: Air Intake location for the 912S

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Air Intake location for the 912S
From: nigel charles <nigelcharles@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 10:06:39

>I have trimmed and completed sanding all other openings on the cowling
except the naca vent at the top of the cowl for the 912 intake. Wondering if
any rain while sitting on the ramp may sneak into it. Have others directed
air intake from the sides or other areas using the 912S?<

On the few occasions I have parked the aircraft in rain I use a cover which
covers the fuselage back as far as behind the doors. This prevents rain
getting in and also protects against the sun in hot weather. Also it seems
that it tends to put off potential thieves although this is obviously not
much of a barrier. What is out of sight tends to reduce temptation.

Nigel Charles