Antw: Europa-List: Wingtip strobe wires, what's the best place

Subject: Antw: Europa-List: Wingtip strobe wires, what's the best place
From: Alfred Buess <Alfred.Buess@shl.bfh.ch>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 10:19:36
        to exit the fuse?

Hi John,

The Whelen power supply of my A/C is also attached to a baggage support rib.
However
I have chosen a different rooting for the strobe wires inside the fuselage:
Behind the rear wall of the baggage bay to the two canals on both sides of
the fuselage, that bring all wires from the rear fuselage to the cockpit panel.
The strobe wires exit the canals - they are under the door rebates - besides
the headrests and follow the corners between the fuselage sidewall and the
seatback
wall. I drilled holes in the fuselage sides between the wing spar openings
and the front wing pin attachment to bring the strobe wires and the pitot-static
tubes to the wing root.Probably just one of many possible solutions.

Regards,
Alfred

HB-YKI Monowheel #097 XS fuselage and foam wings, finishing the panel electrics

>>> TELEDYNMCS@aol.com 01/02 6:32  >>>

Question for those who've come before me: Where is the best place for the
wires to exit the sides of the fuselage? My plan is to run the feed wires from

the power supply, located on one of the inner baggage bay supports, then route

the wires through the center tunnel and exiting near the CS15 bracket. I'm
planning to install  Molex plugs so the wires can be disconnected when the wings

are removed. It appears that just behind the CS15 bracket at the bottom corner

there is enough room between the bracket and the gas tank for the wire to exit

without the potential of fouling the aileron linkage, yet still being within
the profile of the wing. Comments?