Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 18 Msgs - 12/23/03

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 18 Msgs - 12/23/03
From: Graham Singleton <graham@gflight.f9.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 10:05:00

>Yes, I have seen the site.  Unfortunately this site bandies some jargon
>without explaining anything.
>For me, their credibility is hurt by their use of "constant velocity" when
>it is actually constant vacuum or "depression".
>I think my previous description of the theory of operation is right,

Ira
It puzzles me too. It's certainly constant vacuum, the spring restrains the
diaphragm until enough force is created by the vacuum to compress it. The
force is pressure X area so it's proportional to pressure, area being constant.
Fuel is pushed through by the ambient pressure on the carb float chamber,
so that will decrease with altitude , Seems to me it will be partly
compensating for the altitude but not completely. Still scratching my head!
Graham

---