Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 18 Msgs - 12/23/03

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 18 Msgs - 12/23/03
From: irampil@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 13:54:35
 12/30/2003 01:54:39 PM,
        Serialize complete at 12/30/2003 01:54:39 PM

Hi Graham,

Thanks for the note:

Ira
It puzzles me too. It's certainly constant vacuum, the spring restrains
the
diaphragm until enough force is created by the vacuum to compress it. The
force is pressure X area so it's proportional to pressure, area being
constant.
Fuel is pushed through by the ambient pressure on the carb float chamber,
so that will decrease with altitude , Seems to me it will be partly
compensating for the altitude but not completely. Still scratching my
head!
Graham

My question here is:  is this not the same mechanism for slight reduction
of fuel flow with altitude for any standard carb, i.e., less venturi drop,
less vaporization?

Ira