Re: Europa-List: Europa VHF Aerial Quality

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa VHF Aerial Quality
From: James Nelson <europajim@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 16:58:40

Tony,
        I use the factory unit in the stern post and it works very well.
 Just be sure to mount the antenna on a separate strip of glass and then
mount that to the  airframe in several places.  This will keep any
expansion of the fin with weather from trying to stretch the copper tape.
 You should definitely utilize a SWR meter to tune the length.  I used
one from Bob Knuckles and tuned mine just the way it should be.  Get good
reception and transmitting.  No complaints!!!

JIm Nelson