Re: Europa-List: Europa VHF Aerial Quality

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa VHF Aerial Quality
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 07:45:30

Tony,

Your question:

"I have the VHF aerial kit from Europa, and am wondering what others
experience with this has been. I suppose I am attemptting to evaluate,
after purchase, which is a bit of a dumb way to go. I am wondering
whether to get a Bob Archer one instead, and before my top is on,
attach it to the inside of the fuse. Any assistance greatly
appreciated. I think if the Europa one is OK I will be running it up
the back of the sternpost."

I also purchased the antennas (Comm, Nav & Xponder) from Europa here in
the US.  The antennas they provided for me were all from Bob Archer.
Doesn't Europa Australia provide the same stuff?   From your
description of installing in the stern post, I'd guess not.

I have been in communication with Mr. Archer about the installation of
those antennas and he recommends that his Comm antenna be installed in
the Europa vertical stab.  If you'd like, I can forward his
recommendations (once I find those particular leaves on the forest
floor my of my saved e-mail).  I may have downloaded some white papers
by Bob Archer as well, I'll see if I can locate them as well.

Happy building and a most joyous holiday season and prosperous new year,
Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL Mono 914 Airmaster C/S
(40%) Wings closed, cockpit module installed, working in tail
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208
817-992-1117 - Cel