Re: Europa-List: Longer Legs

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Longer Legs
From: Ronald J. Parigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 07:18:29

Hello David

"The airplane has gained some weight
since the outrigger installation (paint, interior, etc.), and I suspect that
the bungees have stretched a bit as well."

You posted that the bungees may have stretched a bit causing the aeroplane to
sit lower.

I have a XS Monowheel and the bungee arrangement is used to aid in holding the
wheel in the up position, in other words to counter undercarriage weight. The
spring provided  is a large lump of stiff  black rubber type stuff that gets
compressed (Polyurathene?). It gets wider as you compress it and therefore gives
what i think is a progressive action. I have yet to fully assemble gear.

Anyway, curious do you have a monowheel, perhaps a Classic that uses bungee as
its main spring as well? Or did older XS have bungee?

Thx.
Ron Parigoris
A-265