RE: Europa-List: cowlings

Subject: RE: Europa-List: cowlings
From: Kevin Klinefelter <kevann@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 06:38:00

I also am fitting the cowlings and know what you are talking about. So far I
have sanded some of the top half fuse joggle, to help smooth the contour.
Just getting rid of the molded gel coat stuff helps some. Also sanded the
inside of the lower cowl. And still when screwed in place there is a bit of
a wave in the otherwise nice curve around the mating joggle. If I put a
washer under the lower cowl one screw lower than the joggle it looks better
and will require some filling on the fuse. The washer will is doing what
Troy describes below done with flox. I think I will flox the washer in place
and contour the joggle with flox to that thickness.

Kevin