Europa-List: Spar guide placement

Subject: Europa-List: Spar guide placement
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 23:16:39

This is only me speaking - Andy or neville may wish to comment.

I was at the Europa tent the last two OSHes, and watched or took part in
several wing attachment parties. The speed and accuracy of the crew was
great to watch, but on occasion there was hesitation or difficulty and they
solved all by adjusting the angle of the spar.
It occurred to me that there is change in the dimensions from time to
ime  - seasonal, humidity, temperature, whatever. I think it would be unwise
to set spar guides too critically that when some flexibility is required at
a later date, it is not available.
That is  -  I plan to leave some motion available, and will hew to the
manual specifically regarding pip pins. I am not sure I would rely on both
pins sited only by two retractable ball bearings.
Happy landings
Ferg
A064 classic mono