Re: Europa-List: Hobbs switch

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Hobbs switch
From: KARL HEINDL <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 11:59:16

I think Fred is right, but it is useful to have engine time for at least oil
change intervals. I
have a Hobbs wired to a low pressure switch which is t-ed off the pitot
line, thus recording
actual flight time. Engine time is also recorded by most electronic
monitoring gadgets like
the EIS.

Cheers,  Karl