RE: Europa-List: Re: Peel Ply on Root Rib

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Peel Ply on Root Rib
From: Rob Housman <RobH@hyperionef.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 11:19:31

"Tick off your customers" Mike?  More likely tick off your customers'
surviving friends and relatives (those that were not in the plane with you
when the wings went in a direction different from the fuselage).

My last (as in, previous - I fear that this one still won't be the last)
post on this subject was January 30, 2001, and that's not a typo - it was
almost three years ago.  Many moons prior to that I had advised the factory
that I found invisible peel ply exactly where it is still being found.  I
was assured by the factory when I first brought this to their attention that
invisible peel ply was no longer being used.

This is very likely a flight safety issue and the factory has been, for lack
of a stronger word, irresponsible in ignoring numerous builder complaints
about invisible peel ply.  Simply adding some text to the manual advising
that there is peel ply to be removed (lacking in my manual) is not
sufficient when the peel ply can not be seen.

Best regards,

Rob Housman
Europa XS Tri-Gear A070
Airframe complete