Re: Europa-List: Caution for those using Electronic Scales ? Mix info

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Caution for those using Electronic Scales ? Mix info
From: John Cliff <mx@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 12:07:08

> I wonder if any of you fine folks that have chosen an electronic scale could
> try this test. I have yet to purchase one but will soon. Speaking with my new
> friend Jeff on Thursday night, I had thought of purchasing the Ohaus c200.
> Can anyone make a brand and model recommendation that can pass scrutiny?
> Much thanks.
> Brian

I have an Ohaus LS200, bought in 1996, I expect there is a new model by now.

It passes the test and I have never noticed any anomolous behaviour with it.  As
said previously, it powers down (losing your reading) after several minutes of
inactivity.  This can be prevented by tapping the scale to disturb the reading,
the timeout starts again.  I have been very happy with it.

For builders using the Ampreg epoxy, SP ask for a mix tolerance of 1% (for
optimum performance, no doubt).  Does anyone know what the 'official' mix
tolerance is for Redux (or whatever it is called at the moment) ?

Johnh Clif